Thursday, March 5, 2009

Nikhil means...

This was what I was thinking about few days back sitting in my office when I actually had nothing to do. What is the meaning of my name "NIKHIL"? Well this was a question to which I never gave a thought to. Then I came home and clicked on to Google search engine. Thanks to Google for quenching my thirst.

"Nikhil" is a Marathi, Sanskrit and Hindi word that means,
"COMPLETE MAN"
or
"UNIVERSAL".

Breaking the word down to Sanskrit roots shows:

NI (without)
KH (sky or boundary)
IL (agreed or liked)

The word also has connotations with the color blue, possibly because of the word "sky" being one of its roots. It is a commonly used name for males among Hindus.

Seja o primeiro a comentar

niKHiL AgaRwAl - XpErIeNCe tHe TImE Pa$$... ©Template Blogger Green by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO